Meld is a very good tool for file comparison and merging activities. Here are some simple steps that anyone can easily install Meld on Mac OS.
1. Install Homebrew and Homebrew Cask.
- If your Mac does not have “command-line tools”, install it using the following command;(You do not need to install entire XCode for this)
- Install Homebrew using the following command
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
2. Use following 2 command s to install meld
brew tap caskroom/cask
brew cask install meld
3. Type “meld” on the terminal to start the meld tool.